Thursday, June 18, 2009

Obscenity Appears On Yearbook Cover

The cover was designed by an outgoing high school senior and shortly after the yearbook was distributed, students noticed a hidden message inside of that design.

"You have to turn it upside down and then it is right there," said incoming senior Katie Rownd.

The hidden message contains the "F" word.

When the school principal learned of the obscenity, he sent home a letter to parents. Attached to that letter, an apology from the student who designed the cover.

The student wrote, " I cannot begin to explain the miserable feeling I brought upon myself, when I betrayed the trust of all of you. I apologize for offending anyone and everyone. It is unfortunate that I did not recognize the big responsibility and honor given to me when asked to design the cover of the Shaker Heights yearbook. I offer my sincere apologies."

The school stopped issuing yearbooks when they learned of the hidden message and the school is now distributing "cosmetically altered" versions of the yearbook.

Students can also bring in their original yearbooks and someone will cover the obscenity for them. One senior, though, says she plans on keeping her yearbook just the way it is.

"Thirty years down the road, it's kinda funny to flip it upside down and be like, oh look what's hidden!" she said.

Source By:www.fox8.com
Related searches:
shaker heights yearbook cover, shaker heights high school yearbook cover, shaker heights high school yearbook, yearbook cover, f bomb on yearbook cover

No comments:

Post a Comment